The Salt Lake City chapter of Girl Develop It held a roundtable discussion on Sunday, October 26th. The topic was Terminology in Technology and we had a great discussion covering many topics, including:
- What is the difference between jargon and technical vocabulary?
- What does it mean to refer to the problem domain?
- What is an API?
- What’s the difference between a text editor and an IDE?
- What’s your favorite text editor?
- What’s your favorite IDE?
- What is an endpoint?
- What’s the difference between an endpoint and a route?
- What is a compiler?
During the discussion, I mentioned a number of resources that I thought I would discuss and link here.