I ran through three refactorings (Extract Function, Extract Method, Rename) in the latest version of Visual AssistX using my refactoring test suite and posted the results on the Whole Tomato support forums.
Feel free to comment here on the test suite itself. I’ll probably move this to github to encourage more pull requests for improvements to the tests. I haven’t updated it for C++11 language features. Feel free to post in the Whole Tomato support forum thread for comments on Visual AssistX itself.
The refactoring test suite that I put together is a set of source code annotated with comments instruction you on where to apply different refactorings from whatever refactoring tool you are testing. If the refactoring tool produced a change that was syntactically correct and preserved the meaning of the code, then the refactoring test is deemed to have passed. Otherwise, the test is deemed to have failed.